Careers Night 1 (2011) proved to be a real hit with students, academics and honorary guests alike. Our guest panellists were happy to share their extensive knowledge about the commercial application of science, as well as sharing their own personal experiences along their career path.
The Q&A style of the event worked extremely well and the audience members were highly enthusiastic about asking questions. The networking session following the event allowed students to engage with guest speakers in a relaxed and casual environment.
- Prof. Marc Wilkins – UNSW Academic (Major Research areas: proteomics and glyconomics)
- Erin Brady – Health consultant from DataMonitor (Market research company)
- Dr.Himanshu Brahmbhatt – CEO of EnGeneIC (Develops new techniques to fight against cancer)
- Nathan Dunn – Ernst and Young – R&D; (background in Biotechnology and the Diploma in Innovation Management)
- Dr. Peter Ayre – Director and chief scientist at Thorvascular Pty Ltd. (Manufactures biomedical devices)
See photos of the event here!